At Energize Colorado, it is no secret that our volunteers are the key to our success! This month we recognized our over 70 active volunteers leading 13 different initiatives and projects by hosting two in-person celebration events.
So far in 2022, our volunteers have worked collaboratively with partners from Colorado’s ecosystem to:
- Host four workshops series focused on mental health, cybersecurity, and rural businesses
- Collected responses from more than 150 women-owned businesses on a survey to determine their needs
- Hosted several Lunch and Learn and Speakers Series Workshops
- Served as Business Advisors to small businesses owners looking for 1:1 support
- So much more!
“Our volunteers are truly amazing. They take time out of their busy lives with kids, jobs, and small businesses or their own to power our programs and incentives.” Shared Rebecca Engel, Director of People and Programs, “I am consistently blown away by the dedication and commitment of Coloradans to serve other Coloradans.”
To recognize the passion and effort delivered by these leaders, we gathered to celebrate in Arvada and Colorado Springs. The first celebration event was hosted at SchoolHouse Kitchen and Libations in Arvada and the second was held at Bingo Burger in Colorado Springs – both locally owned small businesses. The owners of Bingo Burger invited a startup local brewery to provide beers and ciders for the event.
We are always looking for more dedicated individuals to join the volunteer team. If you’re interested in working alongside EC’s powerful and passionate team of volunteers, fill out our volunteer form here: https://lnkd.in/dUMg4fQB.
Currently, we are looking for 8 volunteers to form a research team to support a project inventorying technical assistance organizations around the state. This will include research and one-off interviews with organizations to gather useful data supporting Colorado’s Small Business Ecosystem.
- Phase 1: Inventory TA organizations in the four Energize Community communities by mid-end of July.
- Phase 2: Inventory capital/funding availability statewide including RLFs, CDFIs, etc. by early September.
We are also looking for Business Advisors to support recipients of EC’s Gap Fund loans through a 14-week ECP Accelerator. We are looking for Business Advisors to pair with each business to support them through the programming as a mentor and be a partner in their learning experience beginning July 25th.