Job and volunteer opportunities to join a small but mighty group.
Energize Colorado is a small team with a big impact. With our team of over 100 active volunteers, we’re able to do the work we do. Please visit this page for job and volunteer opportunities, and learn how you can also get involved as a volunteer to support fellow Coloradans.
Energize Community Program
Energize Colorado is searching for an energetic and relationship-oriented leader to inspire, maintain, and grow connections during the 2023 Energize Community Program. You’ll be a key member of our team as we build and deliver programs that will meaningfully increase the resiliency of entrepreneurs within our state.
You’ll help us conduct outreach and organize and participate in events throughout Colorado. You will focus on our $12M loan program sponsored by Energize Colorado. The goal is to raise awareness for this program, and ensure that entrepreneurs know this opportunity is available to them.
In this role, you will find yourself in a nonprofit, unlike many others. We’re entrepreneurs at heart, and we operate as such. We take risks, we work fast, and we’re working to improve the resiliency and equity of Colorado’s entire small business ecosystem including partner technical assistance and capital deployment organizations.
This is a part-time, contract position. Compensation is $25-30/hour.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
~3-4 hrs/wk for 8-12 week
- Collaborate with Program Manager and other Energize Colorado staff on the outreach needs for ECP.
- Support the team in communicating with prospective and existing program members, ensuring they’ll be set up for success.
- Attend events on behalf of Energize Colorado
- Plan resource fairs for entrepreneurs with the EC staff.
- Support engagement with entrepreneurs on Facebook, email, and other platforms as needed.
- Communicate with partner and technical assistance organizations who serve entrepreneurs in NE Colorado.
- Experience working with businesses located in Colorado either as an operator or in an advisor or mentor role. Bonus points if you’ve worked with any of the county- or state-level agencies supporting entrepreneurs in NE Colorado.
- Proven ability to manage operations, bonus points if you’ve worked within a business support/accelerator environment.
- An understanding of Colorado’s small business and governmental (local to federal) ecosystems and other key market variables.
- A demonstrated track record of promoting diverse and curious thinking, and an ability to build collaboration with the community at large.
Qualities We Hope You Have:
- Kind and warm in working directly with borrowers and volunteers alike.
- A strong communicator, clear about where you need support, potential issues, and engaging with borrowers.
- Passionate about growth (personal and professional), always seeking to learn and improve yourself but also looking to find leverage points for us to grow our program.
- You’ve got compassion, integrity, and inclusion in your DNA – we work with hundreds of different people a week, many of them small business owners coming off of 2+ tumultuous and seemingly impossible years.
- 1099 Contract: $25-30/hour
- Approved travel reimbursement for any in-person events or meetings
Chief Executive Officer
Energize Colorado is a non-profit devoted to advancing resilience and equity in the small business ecosystem across Colorado, with a focus on BIPOC, women, veteran, and rural business owners. Our goal is to collaboratively tackle systemic challenges, build and test innovative programs and solutions, and empower small business innovation for a more resilient and inclusive economy.
Energize Colorado’s incoming CEO has an unique opportunity to bring their passion, creativity, experience, and expertise to our organization. They will provide leadership, guidance, and management to promote economic development and financial inclusion for entrepreneurs of underserved communities. The CEO will collaborate with the Board of Directors to drive our equity-focused organization toward certification as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
Our ideal candidate will be an innovative and driven leader who excels in building and developing an effective and collaborative organizational structure while fostering a mission-aligned company culture. They will also be an expert in fundraising and navigating Colorado’s lending and grant infrastructure. Above all, the CEO’s passion and commitment to social and economic justice will be evident.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Passionately represent Energize Colorado to our communities, partners, and customers, advocating for policies that support economic development and financial inclusion.
- Drive Energize Colorado’s efforts to become a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
- Develop and implement innovative ways to raise and deploy capital to entrepreneurs in historically underserved communities.
- Collaborate with the team, the Board, and community stakeholders to develop loan policies and programs that reflect Energize Colorado’s mission, vision, and commitment to the community.
- Spearhead fundraising efforts and cultivate authentic relationships with investors, community partners, and stakeholders to support the organization’s growth and sustainability.
- Lead a high-performing team, fostering a positive and inclusive workplace culture that encourages employees to achieve their best.
- Provide a high-level of financial/operational acumen to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and reporting obligations.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or a related field; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Ideally 5 – 10 years of leadership experience in financial services, community development, economic development-focused nonprofits, or related fields.
- Knowledge of CDFI programs, financial services, and banking regulations.
- Proven track record of successful fundraising and investor relations.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to develop and implement complex strategies and programs.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate the organization’s mission, vision, and impact to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage high-performing teams, fostering a culture of collaboration and inclusivity.
- Experience working in or with underserved communities, and a commitment to promoting economic development and financial inclusion.
- Experience helping groups identify areas of bias and working through blind spots related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The successful candidate:
- Experience operating within the economies of the state of Colorado.
- Understands the challenges entrepreneurs and small businesses experience in our changing economy.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial mindset within their DNA.
- Experienced and skilled working with a Board of Directors.
- Proven collaborator who has developed a strong network of relationships in the state of Colorado.
- Offers a strong track record of overseeing annual plans and budgets.
- Authentically represents the brand when partnering with borrowers and volunteers alike.
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and leverage key opportunities within the community, board, and team to expand our overall reach and impact.
WHAT OUR ORGANIZATION PROVIDES
- The salary hiring range for this position is $140,000 – $180,000.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off.
- Health and Dental Insurance.
Energize Colorado provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Energize Colorado complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Energize Colorado will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Energize Colorado expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Energize Colorado employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please apply directly using the link provided below or email Joseph Medina at [email protected] No phone calls, please.
Learn more about volunteering here.