Job and volunteer opportunities to join a small but mighty group.
Energize Colorado is a small team with a big impact. With our team of over 100 active volunteers, we’re able to do the work we do. Please visit this page for job and volunteer opportunities, and learn how you can also get involved as a volunteer to support fellow Coloradans.
Energize Community Program
Energize Colorado is searching for an energetic and relationship-oriented leader to inspire, maintain, and grow connections during the 2023 Energize Community Program. You’ll be a key member of our team as we build and deliver programs that will meaningfully increase the resiliency of entrepreneurs within our state.
You’ll help us conduct outreach and organize and participate in events throughout Colorado. You will focus on our $12M loan program sponsored by Energize Colorado. The goal is to raise awareness for this program, and ensure that entrepreneurs know this opportunity is available to them.
In this role, you will find yourself in a nonprofit, unlike many others. We’re entrepreneurs at heart, and we operate as such. We take risks, we work fast, and we’re working to improve the resiliency and equity of Colorado’s entire small business ecosystem including partner technical assistance and capital deployment organizations.
This is a part-time, contract position. Compensation is $25-30/hour.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
~3-4 hrs/wk for 8-12 week
- Collaborate with Program Manager and other Energize Colorado staff on the outreach needs for ECP.
- Support the team in communicating with prospective and existing program members, ensuring they’ll be set up for success.
- Attend events on behalf of Energize Colorado
- Plan resource fairs for entrepreneurs with the EC staff.
- Support engagement with entrepreneurs on Facebook, email, and other platforms as needed.
- Communicate with partner and technical assistance organizations who serve entrepreneurs in NE Colorado.
- Experience working with businesses located in Colorado either as an operator or in an advisor or mentor role. Bonus points if you’ve worked with any of the county- or state-level agencies supporting entrepreneurs in NE Colorado.
- Proven ability to manage operations, bonus points if you’ve worked within a business support/accelerator environment.
- An understanding of Colorado’s small business and governmental (local to federal) ecosystems and other key market variables.
- A demonstrated track record of promoting diverse and curious thinking, and an ability to build collaboration with the community at large.
Qualities We Hope You Have:
- Kind and warm in working directly with borrowers and volunteers alike.
- A strong communicator, clear about where you need support, potential issues, and engaging with borrowers.
- Passionate about growth (personal and professional), always seeking to learn and improve yourself but also looking to find leverage points for us to grow our program.
- You’ve got compassion, integrity, and inclusion in your DNA – we work with hundreds of different people a week, many of them small business owners coming off of 2+ tumultuous and seemingly impossible years.
- 1099 Contract: $25-30/hour
- Approved travel reimbursement for any in-person events or meetings
Learn more about volunteering here.