Educational resources to help you and your employees stay well
Posted On April 29, 2020|Last Updated September 1, 2020
Whole body health
Local Colorado businesses are offering free livestream and recorded fitness classes.
- Mental Health America has put together a template to help you plan a new routine.
- Gaia has teamed up with Governor Polis to offer free video classes to help Coloradans feel healthy, happy, and centered during this time of isolation.
- Movement Climbing + Fitness RiNo & Boulder are providing free classes via Facebook Live.
- Shred415 University Hills is offering free fitness classes to frontline workers (email for access). 20-minute Instagram workouts are available as well.
- Denver’s Vital Strength and Fitness is offering free bootcamps on their YouTube channel.
- Metropolitan State University hosts an art-centered “Socially Distant Culture Club” weekly on Wednesdays at 5:00 pm.
- Lunch Club is a way to meet new friends digitally.
- NAMI Boulder County has compiled a list of activities you can do to improve your mental health.
Meditation & mindfulness
- Mindful is offering free mindfulness resources to find calm and nourish resilience during COVID-19.
Mental health coping resources
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has put together a list of COVID-19 stress and coping strategies.
- Isolated Not Alone has isolation support and resources for everyone, including for those who’ve lost someone during COVID-19.
- Mental Health America offers various self-help tools.
Resources for employers
- Panel discussion on authentic and effective approaches to managing mental health for employees and managers in the time of COVID-19, from Energize Colorado, Technical Integrity, and KPMG.
- How to help employees find focus during times of chaos, from Creative Circle.
- “Just checking in: Ten simple questions to check in on people,” from Mental Health America.
- “How CEOs can support employee mental health in a crisis,” from Harvard Business Review.
You’re not alone—read articles about what others are going through, too.
- “That discomfort you’re feeling is grief,” Harvard Business Review.
- “What is situational depression? What doctors want you to know,” health.com.
- “Pandemic panic? These 5 tips can help you keep your calm,” National Public Radio
- “I feel anxious about Coronavirus,” Mental Health America