Code of Conduct
If you have witnessed a violation of our Code of Conduct, please report it here.
This Code of Conduct provides guidelines for all members of the Energize Colorado Network, including companies and people. These guidelines address both the things we do and the things we don’t do—as good actors in the world and as productive members of our community.
Members of the network are expected to help each other whenever possible by quickly responding to requests (ideally within two business days), leveraging their unique skills and personal relationships to support other members, and by sharing opportunities (such as relevant RFPs and talent that they themselves cannot utilize) directly with other members.
The Code of Conduct revolves around three key principles:
- Give first.
- Act with integrity.
- Treat others with respect.
- We help others whenever possible. We are all busy, but when the ask is sincere and realistic, we respond and help. We are respectful of each other’s time and are clear and focused in our requests.
- We deliberately create a virtuous cycle. We proactively work to give back to the ecosystem by giving first to others in our community with no specific expectations of return.
- We appreciate the help of others. No one goes it alone. We express our appreciation for the help of our customers, mentors, and others that makes our success possible.
- We respect “no” as an answer.
- We are honest and transparent. If we say something either publicly or privately, then we believe that it is true. We do not intentionally omit important and relevant factual information in an effort to deceive others. We strive to be clear and transparent in our communications.
- We protect sensitive information. When we are entrusted with sensitive, confidential, or personal information we use appropriate measures to secure it. We respect requests for privacy and confidentiality.
- We disclose known conflicts of interest early. We err on the side of too much disclosure.
- We do not steal people, ideas or content. We encourage and respect independent, innovating thinking. We do not plagiarize content from anyone.
- We act with integrity in our dealings with others and strictly prohibit corrupt activities.
- We communicate professionally and appropriately at all times.
- We don’t tolerate illegal discrimination or harassment in any form.
- We are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- We are reachable and responsive. We enable standard forms of communication so that anyone doing business with us can have a reasonable expectation of receiving a response in a timely fashion.
- We keep our promises. If we commit to do something, we do our best to do it. If we can’t keep our promises for some reason, then we strive to make it right in any way possible.
- We work for the benefit of those we are helping, not for our own personal benefit.
- We encourage professional development.
The Code of Conduct is a living document managed by our community. For suggested changes, please contact us.
If you have witnessed a violation of our Code of Conduct please report it here.