Energize Colorado Gap Fund
Loans Update: Gap Fund loans will be launching soon. See below for more details.
About the Gap Fund
The Gap Fund
The Energize Colorado Gap Fund will provide more than $31M in small business loans and grants to boost small business enterprises that are the economic engines throughout the state. The Gap Fund is a combination of public and private dollars including the CARES Act and Colorado donors, click here to learn more about our support and how you can contribute.
Sole proprietors, businesses and nonprofits with less than 25 full-time employees can apply for up to a $15,000 grant and a $20,000 loan for a possible combined total of $35,000 in financial assistance. The Gap Fund has completed two rounds of applications and assistance and is currently fundraising for a third round of small business assistance in 2021. All grants have been distributed at this time and loans will be distributed to applicants in early 2021.
- 2060 Colorado small businesses awarded Grant dollars
- Totaling $25 million
- 99% of recipients fell into one (or more) of our priority businesses
Round two has been distributed, visit our Impact Data page for more information.
With more than $25 million in grants distributed to small businesses across Colorado, the Energize Colorado Gap Fund is nearing the launch of its loan program. These loans:
- Are ultra-low interest
- Will be distributed to applicant who have already applied through our system
- Will begin distribution in the coming months of 2021
We encourage small businesses to pursue as many financial resources as possible for support. For a full list of recommended financial assistance programs, click here.
Get on the List
Signup for our newsletter to learn more about Energize Colorado and our programs!
How to Apply:
Our application is currently closed as we pursue more funding. Visit our FAQ and Support page for more information.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate economic hardship experienced due to COVID-19. We accept a wide variety of documentation, for example:
- bank records
- point of sale receipts
- profit and loss statements
- tax filings
- expense receipts
- Energize Colorado provides a mentoring program to assist in filling out this application including translation. If you have reviewed the information available online and still have questions, please reach out to our technical assistance team for help.
You can call us at 1-800-471-0628 (Mon.-Fri. 6 a.m.-8 p.m., Sat.-Sun. 6 a.m.-3 p.m.) or e-mail us at [email protected]
Gap Fund Informational Webinar & Application Walk Through:
Who is Eligible?
- Small Businesses/Enterprises - Colorado sole proprietors and registered small businesses including LLCs, S-Corps and other business types.
- Nonprofits - Colorado nonprofits whose mission and/or programs directly support economic development, small businesses, or tourism.
- Fewer than 25 employees - Applicants must have fewer than 25 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees.
- Impacted by COVID-19 – Applicants must be able to show the economic hardship their business is facing due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Priority Will Be Given to the Following:
- Any eligible Colorado small enterprise is welcome to apply. Priority will be given to applicants:
- Who are majority-owned by Black, Indigenous, People of Color, Veterans, or Women
- In rural areas with a population of less than 50,000 people
- In the tourism sector
- With limited or no access to capital financing or other federal, state or local grants/loans